Schofield & Sims English Skills book 1
- Rs 160.00
You save Rs 24.00.
Due to constant currency fluctuation, prices are subject to change with or without notice.
English Skills provides regular graded practice to develop pupils' literacy skills at Key Stage 2. Key areas are constantly revisited, giving pupils the intensive and rigorous practice that is essential to embed learning and prepare for the Key Stage 2 national tests. English Skills 1 is designed for pupils in Year 3 and features:
- exercises covering grammar, punctuation and sentence formation
- writing tasks to encourage children to apply what they have learnt in their own writing
- proofreading tasks to check understanding
- a Progress chart for pupils to record their own achievements
- a Glossary to support the confident use of literacy terms.
Topics covered include: homophones and homonyms; main and subordinate clauses; conjunctions; prefixes; apostrophes in contractions; inverted commas in direct speech; tense; and spelling rules.
The accompanying answer book, English Skills 1 Answers (ISBN 9780721714059), contains answers to all the questions in English Skills 1 while a separate teacher's guide, English Skills Teacher's Guide (ISBN 9780721714165), contains further guidance and resources to help children practise and develop literacy skills. A selection of free supporting downloads is also available from the Schofield & Sims website.