This unique textbook provides an introductory, yet comprehensive overview of the pharmaceutical sciences. It is the first text of its kind to pursue an interdisciplinary approach. Readers are introduced to basic concepts related to the specific disciplines in the pharmaceutical sciences, including pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, and medicinal chemistry. In an easy-to-read writing style, the book provides readers with up-to-date information on pharmacogenomics and includes comprehensive coverage of industrial drug development and regulatory approval processes. Each chapter includes critical-thinking exercises, as well as numerous figures, tables, and graphs. Many chapters contain review questions, practice problems, and cases. More than 160 illustrations complement the text.Key Features
• NEW! Case Studies provide students with real-world examples and encourage them to think critically.
• Detailed illustrations throughout the book help reinforce key principles.
• Emphasis on chemical, biological, and mathematical principles is balanced to help students gain a broad understanding of modern pharmaceutical science and its applications
• Review Questions at the end of each chapter help students evaluate their level of comprehension
• Key Concepts sections provide a quick review of important material.
• Chapter Outlines, tables, and boxes help students master the material.
• Additional Reading section points readers to more information.
|Number of Pages:||0 Pages|