For Boards and transitioning CEOs, consider this book your strategic companion from the start of the process right through to the hand-off, and discover how to address common concerns along the way. Learn why a CEO should start a conversation about succession planning early, even if they have no intention of leaving their role anytime soon. Stay above the fray by mitigating and managing power plays. And understand how to build a practical framework to help the departing CEO start a new life chapter that moves from success to significance.
Your CEO Succession Playbook is a 6-phase game plan for each step in the CEO succession process, one that doesn't require you to work harder and faster,but rather more intentionally. With these strategies, you will build trust,avoid politics, and gain confidence in your leadership pipeline.
Among dozens of tactics and a suite of tools, you will get:
- A practical strategy for introducing the topic of CEO succession to your Board without prematurely accelerating succession;
- A CEO success profile that you can use to benchmark candidates;
- A model for determining who has the potential to be the next CEO;
- Strategies for how to best develop future CEOs;
- Advice on how to minimize ego-plays and power struggles and avoid "survival of the fittest" politics;
- Communication samples and tips for each of the 6 key phases;
- Leadership insights that distinguish who you need to be as a leader to build trust;
- Self-coaching questions to help you do what's right for your business.
|Number of Pages: